Brushing your teeth is the foundation of good oral care and prevention, and either manual or powered toothbrushes can be used effectively. However, one of the main benefits is that electric toothbrushes do a lot of the work for you, with a power rotation that helps to loosen plaque.
We listed the top 5 advantages of powered toothbrushing:
1. More effective at removing plaque: A number of studies indicated that, in general, electric toothbrushes reduce plaque and gingivitis more than manual toothbrushing in the short and long term. (1)
2. Easier for people with limited mobility: People who have dexterity problems - like the elderly, people with disabilities, or children - or those who have dental appliances, like braces, may find a powered toothbrush easier to use.
3. Safe for gums: The 'pressure control' feature reduces brushing speed and alerts you if you brush too hard.
4. Built-in timers: A 2-minute timer will ensure that you brush for the right amount of time each section of your mouth.
5. Fun for kids: Not all kids are interested in brushing their teeth. If an electric toothbrush is more engaging to your child, it can help accomplish good oral cleaning and set healthy habits.
Complimentary Electric Toothbrush Offer
Book a Family Check-Up and Clean at our Menai Surgery to receive a Complimentary Electric Toothbrush valued $250AUD. Click here to see the Terms and Conditions.